Here is the second installment of Charles restoration of these historic Brigham pipes… one more to go! Great job Charles.
In today’s post I’ll be working on the first of two Brigham Canuck prototype pipes I wrote up last time.
This Pot shaped pipe, probably made in the 1940’s or early 1950’s, was certainly showing its age when I brought it to the worktable to start cleaning it up. The body of the pipe wasn’t too bad, but the rim was dented nearly all the way around the outside edge and covered with a crust of lava. The stem was oxidized and had a great chunk missing from the underside, reaching from the button to a point about halfway to the shoulder of the saddle stem.
Here is the pipe as it looked before I started work, shown in several pics with the Bulldog that came with it.
As usual, I started work by reaming the tobacco chamber to remove the old cake and get a look at the chamber…
View original post 837 more words